The Purple Clarion

The Student News Site of Harrisburg High School

The Purple Clarion

The Purple Clarion

Volleyball ends difficult season

The+Lady+Bulldogs+face+off+against+the+Lady+Patriots+of+Massac+County.+
Kennedy Borders
The Lady Bulldogs face off against the Lady Patriots of Massac County.

Lady Bulldogs finished their season in Regionals. The final record was 10-23.

“My favorite part of the volleyball season this year was that we were able to compete with many teams,” sophomore Ava Wilson said.

Wilson adds that the team hasn’t been able to compete with as  many teams in the past years.

In spite of their record, team members were able to find positives in their season.

“My favorite part of this season was creating new friendships with all of the younger girls,” senior Ryli Fulkerson said.

Fulkerson added that she has always enjoyed watching everyone improve in different ways. Sophomore Jamisen Green sees relationship building as an important part of the season.

“My favorite part of this season has been playing with a new group of people. This year most of us had never played on a court together,” Green said.

Green also stated that this year has brought challenges but it was fun to be out there with new talents and people with different skill sets.

Wilson shared that her teammates have a major impact on why she continues to play volleyball.

“I not only love the game, but being on the court with my friends is a feeling like no other,” Wilson said.

Fulkerson added that this sport is a team sport, and there are always people encouraging her on and off the court.

“The atmosphere is so different to me in this sport than any other sport,” Fulkerson said.