The Purple Clarion

The Student News Site of Harrisburg High School

The Purple Clarion

The Purple Clarion

Feel the Beat of student feet

Students plan for Homecoming 2023
Sept. 11- Sept. 15 Spirit Week Days

During Homecoming, students get the chance to show their school spirit by dressing up according to the theme of each day for a week. Students also get the chance to show their Bulldog pride by attending the Homecoming parade and Homecoming football game.

This year, the theme for homecoming is Feel the Beat. The theme is solely based on music.

“I had the idea in mind from a friend in a different town,” senior Frankie Leigh Nicholes said. “They did that theme last year and I really liked it. We had a bunch of different themes but after a debate with all student council members, we chose Feel the Beat.

Senior JD Dunstan said she is very excited for Homecoming.

“I enjoy going to the homecoming football game and spending time with my friends,” Dunstan said.

Her favorite part of this time of year is spirit week and getting dressed up for homecoming.

“I’m wearing a green dress and using gold jewelry to compliment the green,” Dunstan said.

Sophomore Shaun Dooley says that he is super excited for Homecoming because this will be the first one he will ever attend.

“I’m excited to be able to make memories and have fun with my friends during this time of year,” Dooley said.

Senior Triton Kielhorn said that his favorite part of this time of year is the football games.

“Everyone gathers around and tries to have a good time. It’s a really good experience and a good way to create core memories of my senior year,” Kielhorn said.