Giddy on up to Harrisburg Hoedown Throwdown

Ayden Price, Staff Writer

Good Dogs Day will be in two weeks, and the theme for this year is Hoedown Throwdown.
Senior Spirit Week is May 8-12, and Good Dogs Day is on Wednesday. There will be class competitions and a talent show, and students get to dress up in cowboy attire.
Student Council members are putting the events together.
Each day of the week will have a dress-up theme. Monday is first day of Kindergarten or Senior Citizens Day (dress as a younger or older version of yourself), Tuesday is Alphabet Day (dress as an object, person, place, or thing that starts with the first letter of your name), Wednesday is Harrisburg Hoedown Throwdown (dress in country attire and that day is also Good Dogs Day), Thursday is Parents Day (dress like your parent/guardian or a stereotypical mom or dad), and Friday is College/Career Day ( dress in a college t-shirt or the occupation you want to have later in life
Senior Braxtyn Baugher is very excited about that week
“My favorite part about senior spirit week is that it’s one of the school’s last ways of honoring the seniors by devoting an entire week to them,” Baugher said.
Senior class president Ellie Rann feels like they have come up with some original dress-up ideas.
“Alphabet Day is my favorite because it is something new and everyone can do whatever they want to dress up,” Rann said.
The class competitions this year are dodgeball, three-point shot, trivia, and class line dancing. Juniors Ali Hankins and Mary Beth Winkelman are pumped up for these competitions.
“I’m super excited for the class competitions and to have fun,” Hankins said.
Many students feel that the talent show is the best part of Good Dogs Day. Students who want to perform in the talent show can sign up with English teachers Krystal Wilson and Hilary Ford’s doors.
“The talent show I think will be the best part of Good Dogs Day,” Winkleman said.
The school is also letting students have an hour lunch on Good Dogs Day.