Cast members attend the ‘Wrong’ Drama Con

Ayden Price, Staff Writer

Some of the cast members of the fall play, “Tuck Everlasting”, went on a trip out to Southeastern Illinois College to Drama Con this week.

Drama Con is an event SIC’s theater department hosts every year. High school students from the local area come and watch the department’s show and participate in workshops led by SIC theater students. The students got lessons on several things such as acting, dancing, working behind the scenes and much more.

This year’s SIC production is “The Play That Goes Wrong.” Recent HHS graduates Ryan Wilson(22), Ethan Bordoy (22), Nevaeh Wasson (22), Madison Hall (22), and Bentley Lynch (21) all have parts in the play. The play is directed by HHS alum Tyler Billman (01) who is also the Executive Dean of Academic Services at SIC.

Junior Chelsea Morales was particularly thrilled about her group and the show. Morales is a member of the ensemble for the spring show, “Mary Poppins”.

“I took the class ‘Behind the Scenes.’ It showed us how the wall fell down in the show and how different tricks in the show worked. We also got to tour the SIC theater,” Morales said.

Senior Katelyn Hall was also excited about the trip. Hall is also a member of the ensemble for “Mary Poppins”.

“The show was so good,” Hall said. “I feel like everyone did amazing in their parts and it was so funny. I went to the dance shop where we learned the dance ‘All That Jazz’ from the show Chicago. It was super fun, especially since my sister, Madison Hall, is in the show as part of the crew.”

Junior Karmello Downey also enjoyed the experience. Downey will play Neleus in “Mary Poppins”.

“The play was amazing to watch and really funny,” Downey said.