The Purple Clarion

The Student News Site of Harrisburg High School

The Purple Clarion

The Purple Clarion

Cowboy Prom returns

Senior+Allison+Moyer+sells+Cowboy+Prom+ticket+to+Mary+Beth+Winkelman+by+the+office.++
Kennedy Borders
Senior Allison Moyer sells Cowboy Prom ticket to Mary Beth Winkelman by the office.

Cowboy prom is  Thursday,  March 28. It will be held in the cafeteria where there will be cookies and drinks.

Cowboy prom will be held from 7:30 p.m.- 10 p.m. Students are encouraged to dress in cowboy attire.

“You can wear jeans and boots or even a dress and boots, anything country, however it is not mandatory and you can show up in anything,” senior Allison Moyer said. 

Tickets will be sold until Wednesday.

“Tickets can be purchased outside the office doors during advisory. Tickets will be sold for $3,”  Moyer said.

The proceeds of this year’s cowboy prom will go to FFA. Students thought it would be a good idea for the kids and the staff to put this together to have a good time.

“I have heard graduated students talk about how much fun they had and we wanted to carry on the tradition. The money goes for us students to use on competitions and field trips,” senior Grace Trammel said.

The event is open to all HHS students.

“Please bring as many people as you can. It’s not just for juniors and seniors,” Trammel said.

Senior Mary Beth Winkleman is planning to attend.

“I haven’t ever attended a cowboy prom. I’m so excited to go, because one of my favorite parts of prom and homecoming are the line dances,” Winkleman said. 

This is the first cowboy prom since the 2020 school year.

“The only time we have had cowboy prom to my knowledge was two weeks before COVID. I think this will be a fun experience for kids and if everything goes well we are going to try and make it annual,” principal John Crabb said.

Only students from Harrisburg High School would be able to attend. 

“It makes me mad, because my date graduated last year and I should be able to bring her. I won’t have as much fun if she’s not with me,” senior Jace Oglesby said.

The rule may be reconsidered at a later date.

“The FFA sponsor and I made the decision that this is a trial run and hopefully we can make this an annual event. This doesn’t mean that this rule won’t change in the future, this was just a last minute decision,” Crabb said.