Bulldogs win on military appreciation night

Savanna Milligan, Staff Writer

The varsity Bulldogs played their first home game Sept. 9 against the Paris Tigers Sept. 9, winning 35-7. 

This was also the first field show for the Harrisburg marching band and color guard. 

Not only was this the first varsity home game, this was also military appreciation night. The military appreciation is hosted by cheer sponsor Hilary Ford, Sgt. Conner Brave and many others 

“We’ve been doing military appreciation night for a while now. There is no specific reason we do it, but it gives all the high school students a chance to honor the men and women who have served,” Ford said.

The first home game gave Bulldog fans a chance to see how they would perform on the new turf. Assistant Coach Josh Allen is happy with how well the football team is improving. 

“We’re getting better every game, and we’re correcting the mistakes we’ve made,” Allen said. “I feel our main goal is to just improve which we are so far.”

Junior Trentn Price feels overall the game went well. He thinks as long as they continue to all work together the season will go well.

“Our first home game we did pretty good. Our first half we were kind of all over the place, but second half we straightened back up” Price said. “This season is going pretty good. Our first game we took a loss because we underestimated the team and we became too cocky, but we definitely are improving.”

The varsity Bulldogs will play the Redbirds at West Frankfort  Sept. 17 before returning home to face the Massac County Patriots for Homecoming.