The Purple Clarion

The Student News Site of Harrisburg High School

The Purple Clarion

The Purple Clarion

Green looks forward to new season with her teammates

Sophomore+Jamisen+Green+is+beginning+her+second+season+as+a+member+of+Lady+Bulldogs+basketball.+
Sydney DeVous
Sophomore Jamisen Green is beginning her second season as a member of Lady Bulldogs basketball.

Sophomore  Jamisen Green is looking forward  to a new season of her favorite sport, basketball.

Green has been playing basketball for seven years.

“I’m looking forward to playing with the same girls as last year. We only lost one player, therefore we have a chance to be really good this year,” Green said. 

Green believes her team can go far in the postseason as well.

“Her dedication and hard work is going to pay off in the long run,” Morse said.

Morse hopes Green will go to a good school for basketball when she graduates high school. 

“She has a chance to be one of the best girl athletes to ever play at this school,” Morse said.

Morse adds that Green does extra things like going to John A Logan for workouts and plays on a very good team with other  students from Southern Illinois.

“I’m very passionate about basketball because it’s a very fun game, especially when you get to play it with your friends and learn important things together,” Green said.

Green’s primary position is shooting guard, but she’s not limited to that.

“Her strengths are her height and strength. As you can see we aren’t a team known for our height,” senior point guard Kameron Adams said. ““As far as weaknesses go, Jamisen doesn’t have any that I can see.”

Adams adds that Jamisen brings an element to the team that they need.

“Even if Jamisen is on the bench with two fouls she’s still standing up being supportive of what’s going on,” Morse said.

Morse adds that they really can’t ask for a better teammate than Jamisen.

“When Green isn’t at her best, her teammates see it and they’re in panic mode,” Morse said 

Green is an honors student, and says it can sometimes be difficult to keep up with homework and practices, but she always manages to get her work done and turn it in on time for all of the classes that she takes. 

“I manage my time between school and homework by trying to get my homework done in between the end of school and game time,” Green said. 

Head coach Jake Stewart, Morse, and volunteer coach Marty Nicholes are the coaches for girls basketball. Green said that they make sure to help out as much as possible and go beyond to make sure the team does well together. 

“I look up to all of my coaches, they put a lot of their time and effort into this program. They go above and beyond to make sure we can beat whoever we play,” Green said. 

Green also adds that she believes that they are the best coaches and have created the best girls basketball program in all of Southern Illinois.

Adams adds that Jamisen is always there to help and is a really big asset to the team. 

“Jamisen brings an uplifting spirit for the team,” Adams said. “She is a team player and always strives for the win.”